Tuesday 16 December 2014

blog post

Dear Everyone!

We've just finished an absolutely amazing week. I'm personally more than satisfied with the work, the succes and the results. Usually when a project or a phase ends we hear that: "It isn't the end. This is just the begining." Well, in this case that's something even better and more powerful. This is the CONTINUATION. We started together something great and important almost a year ago. We established the basics, the ideas back in Hungary. Then we went to the UK, to Woodrow. I have no words for that week, for the inspiration I get there. We detected the wrost extremist problems in our own countries and decided that we are going to take actions. And we did. I think we exceeded our previous expectations.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who made that happen. Everyone who worked at least a little bit on this should feel proud!! I'm very glad that I was chosen as the project manager for this conference. Usually I'm more scared or anxious when I'm facing this kind of responsability. But now I felt that with such an amazing group failing isn't an option. Thanks for all the groups, for all their leaders. I think it was very important that the 3 country groups were able to work together smoothly.

Some of you might know that on the very beginning of the week I lost someone close and important to me. The only thing that helped me was actually the group. I felt that I had to go on, but it wasn't something heroic to do. Looking back it was a true miracle that I could carry on. I can't be thankful enough to You all!!

However as the project manager I feel that I made a mistake at the evaluation. Insted of emphasizing the enormous great job I underlined one single, little 
thing I didn't agree with. You might remember that it was about a last minute decision during the conference. I focused on this thing without even mentioning the professionalism and values behind this decision. That's not okey! The reason why I'm writing this down is because I learned from this and it could be my story to share. I think when we see only one negative thing without realizing the positive ones then it is an excellent starting point for the extremism. So my message to EVERYONE is "Focus on the positive! Don't bury the things you can't agree with but talk about it! The discussion will be the solution!"

We set the bar quite high again! Let's jump it over next time too!

Take care, Guys!
Dávid (Daud)

No comments:

Post a Comment